After giving birth, some changes to the mother’s body are less than welcome. Pregnancy and nursing take a toll on a woman’s figure and may lead to issues such as saggy, deflated breasts, excess abdominal skin, and stubborn fat deposits. Also, many times there is a large indented c section scar across the abdomen. A Mommy Makeover procedure is designed to take back the mother’s body by combining several procedures that can correct these issues and restore a pre-baby figure.
The following procedures can be done as a combination in a mommy makeover:
- This procedure lifts, reshapes, and improves the firmness of sagging breasts.
- Breasts that have become saggy due to pregnancy and breastfeeding can look youthful and perky once again.
- This procedure enhances the volume and shape of small or deflated breasts.
- Breasts that have lost volume and have become deflated after childbirth and nursing can once again be firm and full with breast implants.
- This can be performed in combination with a breast lift.
- This procedure tightens the stomach muscles, removes excess abdominal fat and skin, and creates a smoother, flatter tummy.
- Abdominoplasty can help mothers reclaim their body by eliminating stretch marks, improving core muscle strength, getting rid of excess skin, and eliminating stubborn fat.
- Abdominoplasty can get rid of the scars on the abdomen.
- This procedure can remove unwanted fat from the stomach, butt, thighs, hips, bra line, or other areas of the body.
- Liposuction reclaims your natural, attractive body shape and can be the first step toward a healthier and more active lifestyle.
Mommy Makeover Recovery
A Mommy Makeover procedure is completely customizable, which means that the recovery time will vary from patient to patient. Women who undergo all four of the above procedures at once should expect a longer recovery than women who undergo only one or two of these procedures. Some patients who undergo a more involved Mommy Makeover will benefit from remaining in an aftercare facility for several days after surgery. Patients may take prescribed pain medications to manage pain and soreness during the first few weeks after surgery. For most women, it is acceptable to resume normal activities about two to four weeks after the Mommy Makeover. Patients should plan a gradual approach to resuming exercise after surgery and keep all follow-up appointments with the surgeon to monitor their recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions
How soon after childbirth can I undergo a mommy makeover?
You should allow yourself about a year, when your baby weight is gone and your weight has stabilized. You should not smoke, be in good health, and not expecting to have any more children.